Compare Price Quotes From Web Design Providers!
Get FREE competing price quotes now!
Complete Our Quick & Easy Form Compare Now, Save Up To 60%
Get your FREE pricing guide!
Our exclusive review of Web Design provider prices is yours free to download after you complete your quote request.
Comparing Costs for Web Design Services
Hiring the right web designer can have a big impact on your business. Your website is likely the first impression most customers will have of your company. A well-designed, easily navigable, and aesthetically pleasing site will result in increased customer traffic and increased sales. No matter what your web design goals are, it helps to know a bit about the types of services provided before settling on a designer.
There are three basic types of websites:
- An information sharing site is the most basic type. It is usually created off of a template, and will have a few different pages that link to the main, or home, page. Information sharing sites are basically just to give your business an online presence and share product information with potential customers.
- A showcase website serves the same purpose as an information sharing site, but is slightly flashier, and can incorporate graphics, video, and other advanced options. Some web designers use templates to design showcase sites, as well.
- An ecommerce site is the most advanced, and will usually be the most expensive. Website design companies can design a new site or equip an existing one with the capacity to sell products online. If you have a service business, you can set up an appointment scheduling system or other interactive features that allow customers to make purchases online.
The costs of web design services will depend on the type of site you want and the features you request. Before you meet with a web design company, make a list of your goals for the site, and reference a few sites you've seen that you like. Website developers will work with you to create the site you want at a price that is within your budget.
Once you've decided on a website development company, you'll need to craft a service agreement that specifies the terms of your project. Make sure to include the following:
- Price: This seems like a given, but you'll usually pay for web design services in a series of installments as the site is designed. Make sure you know how much you need to pay, and when.
- Timing: Since payments are specified by dates or as certain tasks are completed, make sure the timing fits with your own schedule. Most website design services will send graphics, page layouts, etc., to you for approval. These procedures should be included in the contract.
- Services: Web designers can often do more than just web page design. You may be able to incorporate online marketing techniques like search engine optimization into the design of your site. If you work with another company that provides these services, make sure the web designer has all of the necessary information to craft your site. Make sure services are outlined specifically and that you know exactly what you are purchasing.